45 g (¼ cup) margarine
30 g (¼ cup) plain flour
¼ teaspoon salt, optional
320 ml (1⅓ cup) cashew milk, or skim milk
225 g (8 ounces) Gruyère cheese, cubed
- Place margarine, flour, salt, and milk into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 5-6 minutes, or until heavy steam escapes through the lid plug opening.
- While machine is running, remove the lid plug.
- Place cheese through the lid plug opening. Blend for 1 minute, or until well-combined.
- Serve immediately.