2.0 Litre Container
Tough-to-blend spices add smokiness to the marinade, while a cooling coriander mayonnaise makes an ideal topping.
2.0 Litre Container
4 chicken legs, cut into thighs and drumsticks
1 bunch green onions
1 mediumsized knob of ginger, finely chopped
8 small garlic cloves, peeled, smashed
2 scotch bonnet peppers
Juice and Zest of 5 limes
6 sprigs thyme
1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
1½ Tablespoon coriander seed
1 Tablespoon whole allspice
6 whole cloves
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cinnamon sticks
2 Tablespoons honey, or other sweetener, to taste
4 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 bunch coriander
¼ cup (60 ml) canola oil
¼ cup (60 ml) orange juice
1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Place the spring onions, garlic, scotch bonnet, and ginger on a grill or a smoking hot griddle pan.
2. Cook until tender, not to charred.
3. Add to the Vitamix container.
4. In a dry skillet, place the peppercorns, coriander seeds, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice.
5. Cook over medium heat until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add the ground nutmeg and cook 15 seconds.
6. Add to the Vitamix container.
7. Add the rest of the marinade ingredients to the Vitamix container and secure the lid. Select Variable 1, start the machine, and increase to its highest speed.
8. Blend for 1 minute or until completely smooth.
9. Place the chicken into a bowl and pour the marinade over it. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow it to marinate for at least 1 hour or preferably overnight.
10. Add the coriander, lime juice, salt, pepper, and oil to the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
11. Select Variable 1, start the machine, and increase to its highest speed.
12. Blend for 25 seconds.
13. Strain through a sieve lined with cheesecloth. Refrigerate overnight to completely strain. You will be left with a clear, bright green oil.
14. Transfer to a jug and discard the pulp.
15. Add the eggs and mustard to the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
16. Select Variable 1, start the machine, and increase to it highest speed.
17. Blend for 30 seconds, until the yolks become pale.
18. Lower the speed to Variable 1 and remove the lid plug. Slowly drizzle in the cilantro oil until the mayonnaise emulsifies.
19. Remove the chicken from the marinade, allowing some of the marinade to stay on the chicken. Grill the chicken and finish in a oven, if desired. Serve with 2 tablespoons of coriander mayonnaise.
Submitted By: Great British Chefs
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fibre||3 g|