2.0 Litre Container
Zesty and refreshing! Enjoy this delicious vegan and gluten free cake, guilt-free. Garnish with extra pistachios for an added crunch. […]
2.0 Litre Container
3 cups (300 g) almond flour
½ cup (100 g) gluten free flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 Tablespoon zest only
½ cup (100 g) pistachio nuts, toasted, shelled
½ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt, optional
¼ cup flax meal, combined with ½ cup water, or 4 large eggs
½ cup (120 ml) applesauce
1⅓ cup (320 ml) date syrup
1 Tablespoon (300 g) medium zucchini, halved, then each ½ quartered
Zesty and refreshing! Enjoy this delicious vegan and gluten free cake, guilt-free. Garnish with extra pistachios for an added crunch.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two 9-5 inch (23 x 13cm) loaf pans with baking paper and spray well with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine both flours, baking powder and baking soda, lime zest, pistachios and salt into a bowl. Set aside, then place eggs or flax eggs, applesauce and date syrup into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
3. Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to Variable 5. Blend for 10 seconds or until ingredients are combined.
4. Turn machine down to lowest speed. Remove lid plug and drop zucchini quarters through lid plug opening, blending for 15 seconds or until evenly chopped. (Do not blend into a liquid)
5. Pour blended mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix well to incorporate. Pour batter into loaf pans and place in preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove loaf pans from oven and cover with foil. Return to oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving. Garnish with extra crushed pistachios if desired.
To make a flax "egg," simply combine your flax meal with water in a small container and stir to combine, and allow it to sit for 5 minutes before using.
|Serving Size||1 serving (76 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|