So you’re considering investing in a Vitamix blender (good choice!), but you’re unsure which model to choose. We’re here to help – consider these simple questions to find your perfect match.
Questions to consider:
- What are you planning to make most? All or some of the following; soups, smoothies, frozen desserts, dips, sauces, purees, nut milks & butters, dips, dressings, or even dry grains for rice or wheat flours? .
- Are you confident in the kitchen, an experienced home chef or do you prefer to closely follow a recipe ?
- What blenders are available to buy in the UK.
- Are pre-set programmes for you?
- What are the benefits of smart accessories?
- What is your budget?
- Other considerations…
Let’s explore these questions to help you with your Vitamix blender buying decision!
- What kind of things are you intending to make?
An easy question to start with as all Vitamix blenders can make all of the different foods in the list above. Granted, they’re incredible at it, but all Vitamix blenders are so much more than smoothie makers, they can whip up almost anything.
- Are you confident in the kitchen?
If you’re confident in the kitchen, like to experiment and have no problem following recipes then it is almost certain that a simpler model is the one for you. However, before you decide let’s understand the benefits of the features on the more expensive models.
- What Vitamix blenders are available in the UK ?
There are currently 3 ranges available in the UK; Ascent, Venturist & Explorian series. Each range has models with different features and are priced accordingly:
- Explorian E310 (£429) – The E310 is based on the classic Vitamix TNC (total nutrition centre) blender, first introduced into the UK in 2012. It comes with a 2 horse power (hp) motor, variable speed dial (10 speeds), a pulse function, a 1.4l container and a 5 year warranty. It is available in black and white. The following additional containers are available to purchase separately and may come in useful if you’re making smaller or larger quantities; 2 litre low profile, 1.4 litre, 0.9l standard (wet) and 0.9l dry.
- Explorian E320 (£449) – The E320 is almost the same as the E310 but has a slightly more powerful 2.2 hp motor, a larger 2 litre low profile container and a 7 year warranty. It is only available in black. The same additional containers are available to buy as the E310.
- Explorian E320 Reconditioned (£329) – The E320 Reconditioned blender includes the same features as the above Explorian E320, except for having a 3 year warranty instead of a 7 year warranty. Our Certified Reconditioned units offer the same quality and performance of a brand-new model, but at a much lower price. And by choosing a Reconditioned blender, you’re not just getting a great deal – you’re also supporting the circular economy and reducing waste.
- The ASCENT SERIES is Vitamix’s latest range of blenders, combining award winning contemporary design with power and precision. All Ascent models have wireless connectivity, a system of Self-Detect containers and are compatible with the smart accessory starter kit with its blade base, 600ml cups & 225ml bowls. These accessories add to the blenders convenience and versatility. The 2 litre container interlock lid system prevents the motor from working if the lid is not secure. A clear plastic lid provides better visibility so it is easy to see your blend. The wireless connectivity will allow the Ascent series to evolve with the latest innovations. All Ascent models come with a 10 year warranty. Additional 1.4 litre, wet, dry & aer disc containers will be available from December onwards.
- ASCENT A2300i (£529) has a variable speed dial (10 speeds), a digital timer display and a pulse function. This model is available in black, slate grey, white and red. The blender base, 2 litre interlock container, low profile tamper & a simply blending cookbook come in the box.
- ASCENT A2500i (£599) has all the same features as the A2300i, but also includes 3 pre-set programme settings (for smoothies, hot soups and frozen desserts). The 3 programmes automatically process your recipes and stop the blender when complete. The A2500i is also available in black, slate grey, white and red. The blender base, 2 litre interlock container, low profile tamper & simply blending cookbook come in the box
- ASCENT A3500i (£749) comes with touch screen controls, a programmable timer, 5 pre-set programmes, a premium stainless steel metal shell as well as a digital variable speed dial and a pulse function. Pre-set programmes for dips & sauces & self-clean are added to the 3 pre-sets programmes of smoothies, frozen desserts, & hot soups included on the A2500i.
- ASCENT A3500i anniversary collection (£849) bundles together a full range of accessories with a beautiful A3500i with a graphite stainless steel shell. Accessories include the accessory starter kit (blade base, 600ml cup & 225ml bowl), an under blade scraper & tamper holder. Buying the bundles gives a saving of £55 versus buying them separately.
- Do I need pre-set programmes?
Using the programmes allow you to step away from your blender, letting the machine do the work, knowing that it will run for the optimal time and optimal speed for your recipe, and ensure that you get the same result every time. If you’re not familiar with blending in general, or are often busy with other tasks whilst preparing food then pre-set programmes are a great feature as you simply press the setting, leave your machine and return to your chosen recipe. Whether you’re a busy parent whose attention is often shared out between your kids and other chores, or you simply want the ease and convenience of the pre-set programmes they’re a valuable additional feature.
- What are the benefits of the Smart accessories?
The Smart Accessory starter kit comes with a blade base, a 225ml bowl and a 600ml cup These work with both the Ascent and the Venturist models. The different sized accessories are great for blending smaller portions and minimising food waste e.g. the 600ml cups are perfect for smoothies for one to go or salad dressings, whereas the 225ml bowl is ideal for salsas, guacamole or even one-serve baby food. Smart accessory containers include our self-detect system, so the blender knows which container is being used and automatically adjusts the blend time accordingly. For example you cannot select a soup programme if you are using a 225ml bowl or a 600 ml cup.
- What is your budget?
If budget is the major consideration, which can increasingly be the case in these challenging times, then the Explorian is the one for you. It is then a choice between the E310 with its 1.4 litre container and 5 year warranty or the E320 with its 2 litre container and 7 year warranty.
- Other considerations…
December will see the addition of the aer disc container, which will work with our smart range models, to cleverly whip, emulsify, muddle (cocktails) and foam (hot and cold beverages). Additionally a food processor attachment launched in the US in late 2022 and will hopefully be available internationally in the near future. So if you want your blender to be future proofed both of these new additions will work with the Ascent and Venturist models, so be sure to consider this when making your purchase decision.
By the way, all of our blenders will work with their accompanying tampers. The tamper will float just above the blades so you can expertly blend dense ingredients or recipes such as nut butters or sauces.
When investing in a Vitamix blenders, you are ultimately investing in both your own and your families health. Whatever your choice you are guaranteed to have a fantastic appliance to help you make wonderful tasting food and to help you achieve your health goals.
So, get ready to meet your match. Your perfect Vitamix blender is waiting for you. If you have any more queries or questions then please head to our website reach out via email on email@example.com.